Lake George is a town in Warren County, New York, USA. The population was 3,578 at the 2000 census. The town is named after the lake, Lake George. Within the town is a village also named Lake George. The town is part of the Glens Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The town was established in 1810 as the “Town of Caldwell” from parts of the towns of Bolton, Queensbury, and Thurman. In 1962 the town changed its name to Lake George.
The town is also home to Wiawaka, a historic retreat center that was founded in 1903 for female textile workers from Troy but operates as a nonprofit for everyone today.